Sr. Backend Engineer
At GoReadyMade, we are building the next Food Tech unicorn. We're offering a career kick-start for entrepreneurial minded, Senior Backend Engineer, excited about coding in Golang.
Backed by a major global food tech company, we’re a fast growing startup based in NY. GoReadyMade offers ready to cook, fresh & healthy meals in a convenient weekly subscription model. We ship directly from our production kitchen in NJ to our customers’ homes.
What will you do?
- Be a senior member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Build and take operational responsibility for the entire platform from customer facing data to internal tools/scripts to reporting and 3rd party APIs
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate microservices that serve millions of users
- Collaborate with Frontend, Design, Product, DevOps, and Business Intelligence teams
- Free training in Golang for any skilled PHP Engineer!
What you will have?
- 3+ years experience as a Backend Engineer
- Solid experience with PHP with an opportunity to learn Golang
- Background working with relational (MySQL, pgsql) and non relational (MongoDB) databases
- Extensive knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, and SOLID Principles
- Prior experience with distributed architectures; continuous integration; applications tuning/profiling; and unit, integration, & functional testing all highly valued
- Microservice experience a big plus
- DevOps expertise highly desirable (Unix, Ansible, StatsD/Grafana, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similarly technical/quantitative field
We offer medical, dental, commuter benefits and a generous paid time off policy. Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of GoReadyMade not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.