Cook/Prep Associate FT/PT
At GoReadyMade, we are building the next Food Tech unicorn. GoReadyMade offers fresh, healthy and delicious meals right at your doorstep every week. Convenience is king, quality queen, and every time you open that box full of your favorite chilled ready meals to fill your fridge, you know dinner is easy tonight. Skip the stress, keep the fresh!
What you will do:
- Cold food prep- i.e. chopping, slicing, mincing of fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, smokers, ovens, stoves, griddles, and dishwashers.
- Accurately read, interpret and prepare all food recipes within GoReadyMade’s guidelines
- Follow safety procedures
- Follow food safety guidelines
- Clean working area and machines daily
What you will need:
- Experience working in a fast paced restaurant as a line cook/prep cook or similar
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience using knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment
- Knowledge of weights, measurements, volume and cooking procedures
- Experience utilizing timers and thermometers effectively when preparing recipes
- Attention to detail and quality control
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (10+ hours)
- Regular stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, and walking
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from under 40 degrees Fahrenheit to ambient room temperature
- Reliable transportation required
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay. Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring, entrepreneurial work environment in which you can thrive!
It is the policy of GoReadyMade not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran